September 26, 2016
Dear Students, Parents and Staff:
In preparing our scholars for the 21st century it is important that as the Benjamin Banneker for Community Development at large, that we develop a shared process for the Framework of Great Schools where trust amongst all stakeholders is evident, student achievement is increased, there is rigorous instruction in every classroom, collaboration by teachers is common place, a supportive environment for all, strong family and community ties, and effective leadership to move our work forward.
We believe that effective teachers:
- Create opportunities for intellectual risk-taking, collaboration, problem-solving, and application of classroom learning to real life situations.
- Implement strategies that promote ownership of learning to all students.
- Formulate rigorous instruction to integrate a variety of innovative technological tools and resources to enhance learning.
- Demonstrate ongoing professional growth in order to increase the quality of instruction that scholars receive.
- Collaborate with colleagues to share and discuss exemplary practices, interpret student performance data, and design assessments that promote twenty-first century skills
We believe that successful scholars:
- Communicate in a meaningful way for a variety of purposes and audiences.
- Identify and apply critical and creative thinking skills to solve problems.
- Pose questions, examine possibilities, and apply skills to find solutions to authentic issues.
- Make positive choices related to physical and mental wellness.
- Contribute to the local and global community in a collaborative and respectful manner.In conclusion, I wish you all a wonderful school year. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me and know that my door is always open.
Dr. Kinsley Kwateng, Principal.