BENJAMIN BANNEKER ACADEMY
SCHOOL PRIORITIES 2020-2021
- Increase student attendance by 2% (from 90% to 92%).
- Strive for improvement in college and career readiness rate through increased enrollment in college-level coursework and rigorous subject areas, increased Regents scores across content areas, and an increase in the number of students achieving a GPA of 80+.
- Increase scholar mastery performance (80+ on Regents exams).
- Increase Advanced Placement course enrollment (90%+ of Seniors, 60%+ of Juniors, 30%+ of Sophomores) and examination performance (Score of 3-5).
- Stakeholders create an enriching professional learning environment that cultivates school-wide socio-emotional development in a supportive atmosphere.
- Expand and enhance structured and unstructured pedagogue collaboration for increased instructional capacity and student achievement.
- Reduce the number of scholar suspensions by 20% for both general education students and students with disabilities
- Increase scholar opportunity to be political and social change agents through culturally responsive instruction, school-based service, and partner organizations
- Encourage opportunities for culturally responsive tasks and projects.
- Encourage a culture of inclusiveness on all levels of our school community.
- Encourage students to take responsibility for their own learning including promoting and expanding the usage of technology solely for academic purposes.
- Encourage all scholar athletes to abide by the student athletic contract both within and beyond their respective team’s season.
- Build teacher, scholar and parent capacity for remote learning platforms to support scholar social, emotional and academic performance and cultural responsive instruction.
“The ends you serve that are selfish will take you no further than yourself but the ends you serve that are for all, in common, will take you into eternity.” …